It is evident in the bible and other holy books, laws established and cultures of all societies that violence against women is a part of the fabric of life. Understand that such violence extends to girls as well and it is gender specific.
This violence at times has not been questioned. As a matter of fact, in some cases, females are expected to submit or participate in their own violation.
When we speak about violence against women worldwide, what are some of the forms it takes?
- Trafficking, known as Sexual Slavery
- Rape is used as a Weapon of War
- Military Rape
- Gang rape
- Date Rape
- Bride Burning
- Stoning women to death
- Honor Killing
- Genital Mutilation on young girls against their will
- Foot Binding is used because girls are considered more attractive with small feet
- Femicide, when female babies are killed
- Breast Pounding to extend puberty.
- Battering, is a time honored socially acceptable method